Community Health Care is administered by the Provincial Department of Health ‑ consisting of:
- 1 Public Health Nurse ‑ in Eriksdale/Lundar;
- 1 part-time Continuing Care Supervisor (Nurse);
- 1 Home Care Case Co-ordinator - who co‑ordinates the activities of 1 R.N.;
- 1 Home Care Resource Co‑ordinator ‑ who co‑ordinates the activities of more than 18 Home Care Attendants ‑ with access to visiting Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist and Psychogeriatric team services.
Mental Health is serviced by:
- One adult Mental Health Worker, and
- one child and adolescent Mental Health Worker ‑ who utilize the services of numerous mental health resources in Winnipeg and the Interlake.
This team includes a Mobile Crisis Unit and a Crisis Stabilization Unit. The hospital has a 13 bed facility, with a palliative care suite and a 20 bed personal care home attached. There is a medical clinic in Eriksdale which is usually staffed by two physicians. An urgent Care Clinic is also available.
A physiotherapist visits Eriksdale and provides services to in and out patients one day per week. The Community Services Office is also located in the hospital. The East Shore Ambulance provides service to the residents of Eriksdale. A hearing specialist, physiotherapist, dietician, home care services, community resources, district health nurse, mental health coordinator, crisis and abuse resource centre, red cross, AA/Al‑Anon, optometrist, handivan service, and a Manitoba Government Lab & Xray service are some of the services provided in the area.
Other members of this dynamic multi‑disciplinary team, are part of the Family Services component. They are:
- 2 Child and Family Service social workers,
- 1 Vocational Rehabilitation/Children's Special Services/Community Living (services for persons who are mentally challenged) social worker,
- 1 1/2 clerical staff as well as
- 1 visiting Income Security and
- 1 Probation Officer.
The team provides services primarily from St. Laurent to Gypsumville ‑ including all communities along PTH #6 and west to Lake Manitoba.
The E.M. Crowe Hospital and the Eriksdale Personal Care Home are operated by the Interlake Regional Health Authority, who also maintain health care facilities in Ashern, Lundar and Gypsumville.